SAFE: Staff, Administrators and Faculty for Equality
Welcome to our website!
The mission of SAFE is to:
- Promote an equitable and safe academic environment at NKU
- Facilitate and guide educational, administrative, and personnel policies that effect the welfare of the NKU community, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
Membership in SAFE is open to any staff, faculty, or administrator at NKU, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
One of our ongoing projects is sponsoring the Allied Zone trainings. Click on the logo at right or the links in the left column to see Allied Zone web pages.
Thanks for your support!
We had a great second annual Equality Reception on Thursday, October 17, 2013. Attendance was good and our silent auction raised $461 for the LGBTQ community on campus. We want to especially thank the following campus units for their support of the event, including funding and silent auction items:
- College of Informatics
- College of Health Professions
- College of Education and Human Services
- Campus Recreaction
- University Housing
- Student Union
- Haile US Bank College of Business
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Chase College of Law
- Center for Innovation & Technology in Education
- and supportive individuals from across campus
Check out some photos from the event below!